Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Back in the Studio ---FINALLY!!

Since arriving in Seattle a couple months ago my life has been a whirlwind of travel and getting moved a second time and trying to settle down. This week I finally got into the studio to do some serious damage!!!

My first project was to get my daughter's Power Ranger costume sewn up. She bought a nice new heavy duty sewing machine and it is fabulous! It sews through anything. She made the helmet herself out of paper mache and clay and other things. I think it looks awesome.




My second project was a jean purse/bag. I want to use old jeans (purchased from Value Village and out of my own closet) to make bags of all kinds for upcoming bazaars in December. This is my first attempt. I think it turned out pretty cute, even if I do say so myself!!!


The pockets on the front are usable.



Then I picked up a piece of paper last night and this is what came out of it. The paper is a beigeish color. Is that even a word????


Tonight, after working all day, I decided to do something in blue, which is my favorite color. The paper is a blueish color which may not come through in the picture here. 




Hummm, do I detect change in my art work? I think so.....it's very interesting. Anyway, the next project is going to be either a snowman made out of a white boa or a wood wall hanging......and of course, more Tangles!!!!

I hope today was a great day for you and if you live where the roads are bad, please drive carefully!!

Huggs, Janie



1 comment:

  1. If you don't see the change in your artwork, let me point it out. It's complete!!!

    Love the costume!

    ReplyDelete