While I have been recovering from head surgery I have been drawing. I have never been able to draw Mandalas because they just seemed too complicated. Well, I guess I figured out what I needed to do....I actually love them.
So Thanksgiving is on it's way and I am very reflective this time of year, even more so now that the elections are over and I am thinking about what the future could hold. First of all, I'm so thankful for my whole family....outlaws, in-laws, and other laws....all are fabulous and I'm very thankful for them being in my life!! Without a doubt, I would not be able to do the things that I do without them helping and encouraging me.
I was reading Bella Grace publication and came across this article about things that folks are thankful for. I thought that I would make a list too....and then I thought "blog"! The article is about Gratitude.
|A GUITAR I DREW ON FOR A FUNDRAISER|
* My ability to draw.
* The 5 other artists in the Artists' Studio at the Landing in Port Angeles, WA.
* Close friends, both near and far.
* My ability to learn new things.
* The ability to see things on the bright side most every time.
* My ability to keep on 'keeping on'.
* My hands to draw, my feet to carry me where I want to go.
* Autumn with all its colors.
* My studio at home and the studio at The Landing in Port Angeles.
* My computer, phone, and tablet.
* Snail Mail
* Books, especially audio books.
* My voice.
* Random acts of kindness - giving and receiving.
* Body spray
I am hoping that the new year will bring new opportunities to be my better self, that I will continue to grow in my love and understanding of my fellow man and in my creativity. I am hoping there will be peace and happiness in the world....knowing that we don't always get what we want, but there isn't anything wrong with trying to achieve it, now is there?