Saturday, November 1, 2014

Random Thoughts


"Buddies"

I have been at this "healing" process for almost two months now and still have a small place on the incision in my back that just won't heal. I'm hoping that it will soon be a misery of the past so I can get on with my life!!

I have had several things on my mind lately....random things.....

A. Friends....old friends that I dearly miss and would love to spend time with and new friends who are just waiting to be made. We can't have too many friends!!! I am a fairly private person, but I still need friends...people I can confide in or people I can have some fun with.

B. Age....yeah, it rears its ugly head periodically. I am going to be into a new "century" of my life in six months. It scares me....because it's the "century" that my parents both passed in. I know I'm not my parents, haven't lived like they did, didn't abuse my body the way they did theirs, but nevertheless, I'm bothered by this coming event. Thank goodness I have a therapist on a retainer fee. LOL

"Blue Garden"

C. Family....I am so proud of my family and my family by marriage. I am lucky to have such wonderful children, who though they are grown will always be my children. They are living their own lives as well they should, however, I love spending time with them and knowing they are happy and well is more than I can ask for. My "children" by marriage are special to me too....and their successes are important to me as well. I dearly love my grandchildren....from my married grandson to my little 3 year old grandson....all so precious.

D. Art, art, and more art....I am really missing being with my "studio family"....while I get my back healed and my strength back. A couple other physical difficulties have come up and I hope to have them straightened out soon. I want to be able to get up in the morning and go to Port Angeles and sit and work in the Artist's Studio at the Landing with my "art family". I love rubbing shoulders with these talented people, and knowing that I belong there means more to me than words can say.

E. World Events....I can't believe that there is so much violence towards others in this world. It is like an epidemic....too much to even believe what I'm hearing and seeing. I have always been of a mind that we must let each other live as we each see fit and not try to change what is working for those around us. I am frustrated by the powers that be in some areas in that they are not setting good examples for us to follow. The world would be a much better place if women were running the show, I've always thought. Egos would be less likely to get in the way and so much can be taken care of over a nice quiet lunch....Don't you think so? Are women perfect? No, but we are more gentle by nature and fighting is pretty appalling to most of us. Women can be strong peacekeepers because it is in our nature.

I just want to leave this world a better place than when I came here.I want the earth to be healthy, I want my friends, family, and neighbors to have all that they need....no more and no less, but to be comfortable. I want something that is ideal and feel frustrated by the knowledge that that will never be. The older I get, the more important it is to me to feed the hungry, to care for the sick, and to make sure no one goes to bed hungry or wakes up in fear. I spent a good deal of my childhood in fear and no one should ever have those feelings....either young or old.

F. On Being Creative....I am busily engaged in making Christmas ornaments, Christmas wreaths, and even doing some Christmas pictures done with pen and ink. I love the holiday season and all that it entails. I have lots of ideas and not much energy yet, but it is getting better with each passing day.

"Under Sea Garden"


G. The Microsoft Band....my son gave me the new Microsoft Band. It is a health tracker, more than anything and I love that he worked on this project. It monitors my sleep, my calorie burning, my exercise, steps taken, etc.....as well as texts, emails, Twitter, and Facebook. I am amazed at technology and how far things have come since I was a girl of 14 and my family got their first television set. What a magical thing that was! Now I carry the world around in my pocket on my phone and on my wrist in the Microsoft Band. I am very blessed to have been able to live long enough to see these marvelous inventions and will see many more, I'm sure.

All for this time....I'll leave you with this thought:




Janie



No comments:

Post a Comment