Wednesday, November 4, 2015

MY NEW ADVENTURES....IN ART AND FLOWERS

I have been so busy that I haven't had the time to even update my blog. I am so excited to tell you about my new and exciting business....FLOWERS ON A MOONBEAM.


I have always loved flowers....any kind, any color, any smell, well....yeah, flowers of all kinds. I decided to include small bouquets for the bride and the bridal party in my studio at The Artist's Studio at the Landing in Port Angeles, Washington. One day a lovely young woman and her fiance came in and she pointed to one of my bouquets and said that that was the one she wanted for her wedding. 

Just so you aren't confused, my arrangements are silk flowers with lovely sparkling brooches. So, the flowers were as beautiful as the first day she saw them earlier that month. 

I was thrilled that she loved the bouquet and then she asked me if I would do the flowers for her wedding! I was so pleased and working with this sweet gal has been a joy. The wedding is in March and it has given me plenty of time to get the flowers she wanted and to work on them as time has permitted. 

I am associated with Wedding Wire on the Internet and you can find me at
 Flowers on a Moonbeam


 Please let your single friends know about my web site. I will do weddings from Seattle to Forks, WA.
CHRISTMAS CENTERPIECE

========================================================================

I have been busy in the studio as well....doing several new things. People come in and drop this or that on my desk and say "I know you can figure out something to do with this". Well, the latest acquisitions were some darling little mirrors from Italy! I will include some photos here.....



 And I'm still working on Steampunk Dolls....aren't they cute??? They are about 9" tall and have all the accessories as well as an envelope with their own story inside.

FATHOMLESS TILT
Explorer from the Ocean
MINERVA DUPINE
Private Detective














I have also been collaborating with a couple of my artist colleagues and one of them is with my friend, Cherie Wilson who is working with Alcohol Inks. Her work is spectacular and she invited me to work with her on a piece recently. This is our first collaboration....and more to follow.....


I'm just in love with the colors!!!

Well, friends, this is all for today. I'll try to update a bit more often, but how many times have I said that???

Loving you all and hoping that you find in your lives that you are thankful for life and all that it has to offer, including the trials for they are what makes us stronger, right?

Happy Thanksgiving.....Janie















1 comment:

  1. Great addition to your blog. So happy for you in these busy endeavors!�� There is so much 'life' in the creative arts. Both of our passions have taken off as of late. Happy are WE!

    ReplyDelete