Wednesday, February 8, 2012

LITTLE SURPRISES

I had a busy day, doing laundry and bookwork, sorting through loads of paperwork, you know...the usual. (grin) Well, I was folding my laundry and putting it away. When I got to the towel shelf in my bathroom what did I find? A CD with a lovely note on it from my recent houseguest!!! What a wonderful surprise!

We had talked our way through the weekend, catching up after some 20 years and then we went to Pike Street Market and walked all through it and the throngs of people who turned out on that sunny day. One of the street acts was a small group of Black gentlemen who were singing. I had heard them before and really loved them. My friend bought a CD and little did I know it would show up on my towel shelf.


 
Sometimes it is the tiniest unexpected things in life that mean the most....a kind remark, a compliment, flowers, a phone call, a handwritten note, or a little surprise on a friend's towel shelf.

I hope that you will "play it forward" and take this opportunity to do some little surprise for someone else.

Have a wonderful day! Janie

PS I previously posted a blog on a blog that I started a long time ago and I apologize to my readers for the mistake. THIS is the correct one.
Colored markers on jeans

Blue marker on old jeans




1 comment:

  1. :-) See Jane blog!!!!!

    What a fun weekend I shall treasure forever, just like our friendship. I'm so happy to see your blog post and artwork. And it was good to see your smiling face in person. I'm not sure how 20 years got away from us but let's not wait that long to get together again, deal?

    ReplyDelete