Friday, July 15, 2011

My, How Time Passes Away

It sure has been a while since I posted!! I swore to myself that I would not let time elapse between posts and here I've done exactly what I said I wouldn't do!! UUUUGGGGHHHH!!!!

OK, I *HAVE/AM* been busy....having a very huge garage sale...two consecutive weekends, three days the first weekend and two days the second weekend....but I'm also trying to get ready to participate in an outdoor evening Bazaar on the 23rd and am also having another art showing on August 5th of my "fine" art....better known as Zentangle Art. I'm thinking that I need to come up with a better name for it because the term zentangle is very limiting and I do so much more than that. I just finished a huge butterfly done in white ink and dark blue Gelly Roll glitter pen on black paper. It will be the centerpiece of my show on the 5th of August, I think. The more I look at it the more I want to do to it but maybe it is better left alone...but a little shading here and there.... Well, if you are an artist you know what I'm talking about. LOL

I have been working a lot more on black paper although I did a piece on apricot colored paper and will put a picture of that up soon. I like black paper with the white ink but most of the white ink pens just do not work right. Also, the really good black art paper usually comes with a rougher texture like canvas looking paper. It is interesting to look at and nice (well, most of the time) but it is very hard to work on.

Anyway, I'll try to "not be a stranger" from now on....

Enjoy!
Janie

OK, here are a couple of other pictures too....


Butterfly in white on black paper with dark blue glitter pen.


Supposed to be apricot-colored paper with black ink...sorry about the photography.


My newest lady...black pen on white with light pink highlights on lips, cheeks, and selected areas in the tangles.


3 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE the Butterfly!!!!!!!
    Always miss you when you are "quiet"


    Loves ya Janie girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zentasional!!!!!

    You are a Zenaholic, and there is NO 12 step program for you... Sorry...~~~~

    ReplyDelete