Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Cruising on the Mediterranean Ocean

I took a cruise with my two grown daughters on the Norwegian Epic recently. We had such a wonderful time! I thought it might be interesting to share some of my photos here on my blog with you. For anyone who hasn't cruised, DO! They treated us like Queens from the moment we arrived until the day we disembarked. Our stateroom steward cleaned our room in the morning and came back in the evening while we were out eating dinner to turn down the beds and leave fresh towels, as well as make cute little towel animals and leave them on  the bed! We had room service (free of charge), meals with more food than you could possibly get down (free of charge), and lots of things to do. 

My daughters took tours in Pisa, Italy to see the "Leaning Tower", Rome to see well....Rome, and Pompeii. I didn't get off the ship because of my back and the back pain had been so much worse in Spain because I couldn't wear my pain patches in the extreme heat there and the same thing would apply in Pisa, Rome, and Pompeii. So while the girls were off doing the tours I had my hair done, had 3 acupuncture treatments (never had that before), watched a couple of movies on our large flat screen TV in our stateroom, and wondered around the ship....oh, and had delightful room service for breakfast and for lunch one day! 

OK, here we go with the pictures... Oh, for those of you who don't know, we cruised down the "boot" of Italy and back to Barcelona, Spain. OH, and they are going to be completely out of order because blogger.com seems to be having a problem with what I want to upload tonight!

Towel Elephant made by our cabin Steward

Towel Bunny made by our cabin Steward

Almost complete sunset on the Mediterranean Ocean

Beginning sunset on the Mediterranean Ocean


Early morning in Lavorno, Italy - we are coming in to port
The Bridge on the Norwegian Epic

Pools and hot tubs

Sitting area

Main area chandalier

Another chandalier

Looking down over our balcony, seeing the life boats below and water going by at night
Other ships around the port of Barcelona when we left there.

Staircase which was used for going from deck to deck. Each floor was a different color.

A view of the Norwegian Cruise Ship the EPIC in the Barcelona harbor.  A Beautiful ship with great crew members !
Well, all the photos for tonight. I'm exhausted from walking all over the Louvre in Paris today!! It was amazing and I'll have photos of that for you in a future blog. Have a wonderful day!

Huggs, Janie

2 comments:

  1. I so want to go on a cruise! My husband thinks it would be "boring as hell" so he told me I could go when he's dead. I think that's a terribly long time to wait to do something I'd like to do, don't you think??? Love your photos Jane! When are coming back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos - especially of the neat towel animals. *grin*

    I've never cruised, but my family loves cruising and always raves about it. Sounds like you're having a blast!

    ReplyDelete