Friday, September 30, 2011

HOW QUICKLY WE FORGET

Do you remember when airlines used to be hijacked? I mean, people got on planes who were convicted killers or whatever, who actually forced planes to fly to all sorts of places for many reasons. There were hijackers who would kill without much provocation.



If you have forgotten about those, please, please do a search on the Internet and get reacquainted.

The reason I bring this up is that I was sitting in traffic the other day and listening to the radio. The MC read a letter from a listener who was all boiled up over the security laws in place and the pat-downs, etc. The MC brought up MANY instances of when planes were hijacked all over the world. Do we see that now? When was the last time that you heard about an airplane being hijacked? Well, I don't even remember the last time and having just come back from Europe on September 10th, I realized that not once did I feel in fear for my life. That is the most comforting feeling when you get on a plane these days! I realize that being the subject of a pat-down is not the most pleasant thing (Have you ever had a German female TSA agent pat you down? Whoha!!), and I don't know about you, but I would rather be very intimately frisked than be in fear for my life, or dead in some field in God knows where. 

Just think about it. 

1 comment:

  1. Why fly when you can drive? :-) That's what I always say!

    I personally hate going through large airports and being led like cattle through the TSA lines but I know it's a sign of our times. I don't fly enough to be able to get used to it. I don't complain while I'm in line because purpose would that serve? I'm not mad at the TSA people ... I just get irritated and sad that we're living in such a world.

    ReplyDelete