Friday, May 16, 2014

A-Z TODAY IS Q QUALITY OF LIFE




QUALITY OF MY LIFE

This month is my favorite month, not just because it's my birthday month, it was my mother's birthday month, and Sunday would have been my oldest son's 44th birthday. But it seems like May is the turning point for a lot of things....We are generally past winter and spring is beginning to come out. Here in Sequim EVERYTHING is blooming....everything is soooo beautiful!! 

The OH MY is because for the first time in a very, very long time I am beginning to feel like my old self, but better. My system is getting rid of toxins that made me so ill I almost died. My mind is more clear than it has been in months and months. My energy level is up higher than in a very long time. I'm starting to come out of a depression that has plagued me a long time too, and even though I'm a year older, I feel almost reborn, brand new, ready to take on the world and enjoy the hell out of it!!!! 

Quality of life...we hear that a lot but unless you haven't had "quality" in your life, you don't know what having it is!!



I am beginning to understand what quality in my life means:

  • Waking up every day to a new day full of possibilities....the only limit is my capability.
  • Doing things that make me feel good inside....leaving a sink full of dishes to go play in my studio.
  • Giving into relaxation when there are still chores that probably should be done but can wait forever, as far as I'm concerned.
  • Enjoying the little things in life instead of just letting them pass you by unnoticed.
  • Eating what you like instead of eating what you SHOULD eat. Who says that you can't have salad for breakfast? Who said that you can't have a glass of tea for dinner and a small dish of cherry vanilla ice cream over sliced bananas before bed? 
  • Making my own schedule....staying up until 3:00am if I'm enjoying the quiet, solitude of the night, listening to the waves hitting the beach, and having more clarity of thought OR sleeping for a couple hours about 6:00pm just because I'm tired.
  • Having a housekeeper come in once a month and do all the things that I can't or don't want to do. 
  • Giving things to others that they really will enjoy even though I probably should spend the money on something more practical or pay bills. 

These are just a few things that give me great Quality of Life. I am dedicating myself and whatever years are given to me to live to have the best Quality of Life possible. I owe it to myself. I have lived almost 70 years and it is high time I think about that. All my life I have thought of others feelings, of other's needs, or other's "quality of life" even at the expense of my own. I am learning....and good things are coming my way. I can honestly say that I'm learning to understand and know what happiness is. I'm lucky to be able to share it with someone who is truly my soul mate, a loving, caring person who makes me feel special.  Life is about choices and hopefully my choices aren't going to hurt anyone else because that would defeat the purpose of how I wish to live. I will never (well, there might be one exception :)) intentionally hurt anyone just so my Quality of Life is good.

I have met some exceptional people in the past year, and most of these people have been through their own trial by fire. Life isn't easy but these people have taught me a lot and I love each of them because they have brought to my life a greater understanding of love and friendship. I hope that I can keep "Paying it forward" which maintaining my own Quality of Life.

Janie

No comments:

Post a Comment