Friday, May 30, 2014

A-Z: Today it is L for LIMITATIONS


Last night I started putting together a small white cabinet from IKEA for my new studio gallery space. I opened the box (one of three), got the required screwdriver to use, and some ice tea to drink. I set up a card table in the garage so I wouldn't have to do a lot of bending over. The next thing I knew I was dripping wet, exhausted, and frustrated!!!

There are a couple of artists on the Internet that I admire for their talent and skill. Donna Downey is one of them. I took an online class from her. She is a very authentic artist. She uses more different mediums than any artist I have ever taken a class from. It seems like Donna opened up the limits I had placed on myself as to what "kind" of art I could do, and she taught me how to really work "outside the box".


My Photo
DONNA DOWNEY OF DONNA DOWNEY PRODUCTIONS

The second artist that I really admire is Lisa Kaus.  I think she has the most magical imagination and touch! I have loved her work for a long time and have, in fact, much of her stuff hanging in my home. 


LISA KAUS, ARTIST
A BIRTHDAY CAKE PAINTING BY LISA KAUS


 Somehow, I don't think either of these women knows the meaning of the word "limitations". Donna teaches both online and in her store in Huntersville, NC and Lisa is from Portland, Oregon.

I know I've come a long way over the past six months and am able to do so much more than now, but I get so frustrated and upset over what I can't do! I tire much more quickly than I wish I did, I have reactions to the pain medication I have to be on to have any quality of life, and have to stop doing things I really want to do long before I wish I had to. 

Sometimes we place limitations on ourselves by thinking that we can't do this or can't do that. I know I have done that, but that isn't the case now. I have limitations because of age and health. It just pisses me off and relying on others isn't always an option. 

So there's my rant on limitations. I'll come up with a better blog next time.....PROMISE!

No comments:

Post a Comment