Monday, June 9, 2014

A-Z: Z IS FOR ZUMBA AND ZENTANGLE



STUDY IN BROWN AND ORANGE (sorry for the blurriness)

Today, as I sat and watched my youngest daughter work her tush off at Zumba class (two days in a row, even!), I all of a sudden realized just how happy I was to be here with her and to share in her life for the week I'm visiting. I haven't seen her for over a year and we haven't really had a chance to talk in over two years or more. I have really missed her special spirit, her loving ways, and her wisdom. She was there for me during a very difficult and dark time in my life for which I'll always be more than thankful for. She is a "helping" kind of person and it is no wonder that she is a therapist and helps people on a daily basis. She is my only child to get their Masters and considering she started out with a bit of a disadvantage when she was little, she has climbed mountains to be where she is today. If I sound proud, it's because I am. I'm so happy she chose the field she did, and that she is sharing her special gift with others. 

So, back to Zumba. My daughter is trying with all her might to get some weight off because she and her hubby want to start a family. I tried Zumba a couple of times when I was going to the Senior Center in Renton, Washington. Let me tell you, it really kicked my behind and I could not continue. But the class that my daughter goes to is really high intensity and she kept up with the best of them!! It is very difficult to continually dance/exercise for an hour at that kind of high energy but she hung in there and it is so like her, because she has done that so much throughout her life. She perseveres to the very end. 

ZUMBA CLASS IN FAIRBANKS, ALASKA

While she was "Zumbaing" I was sitting on a bench in the corner, working on my latest and greatest art piece. Since I'm traveling, I don't have any large projects with me but instead have these small 6"x6" papers in black and white. I hit the Daniel Smith art store in Seattle before boarding the plane for Fairbanks and stocked up on pens. Not only do I draw for pleasure, I draw for relaxation. It is something that I have been unable to do for over a year and now that I no longer have shaking hands, I can draw to my heart's content.

BLUE FLOWERS ... seems to be a theme of mine. Will look better when it's framed.

And so come next Saturday, we...my Betts and I, will be back at Zumba. I only wish I had a body that could do what she does because it sure looks like fun as well as work!! At least I'll be there to cheer her on and I hope that every time she goes to Zumba after I leave, that she will know how proud of her that I am and that I'll always be in her biggest cheerleader!! Always!!

THREE-DIMENSIONAL HEART (At least that's what it's going to be when finished)

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your time with your daughter! My son is visiting for the week of July 4th ... I can hardly wait!!! Love your heart piece.

    ReplyDelete