Thursday, June 23, 2011

Busy, busy, and busiest

It seems like the last few couple of weeks I have been busier. I am definitely feeling better. That is the biggest plus in my life. I feel more complete, somehow. Had a nice long talk with a dear, dear friend yesterday and she is one of those few people who come into our lives (I am lucky to have more than one of them) that we connect with on a deeper level, almost a spiritual level. It was rejuvenating, and so wonderfully relaxing. It was as if time stood still for the two hours she was here. It is very quiet where I live and the only sounds were our voices, soft feminine voices sharing experiences and a cup of tea. Ahhhhhhh. I will treasure this for always as these times come few and far between and she will be leaving Alaska in a couple of days and I don't know when I will see her again but I hope she knows that my love and affection go with her wherever she goes. 

I wanted to blog today but have no photos to share. I wanted to say that I am so thankful to be alive today and to be feeling like a person without a disability...although it's nagging me a bit today. I am thankful for the beauty all around me, the beautiful green trees and flowers here and there, both wild and domestic. I am thankful for being loved and for having others to love. I am thankful for my ability to create and the opportunity to do so. 

Live sometimes passes us by before we really look around us....I feel like that sometimes, like I haven't given it my full attention. I certainly am now and I'm glad it's not too late. I once learned that if you don't make plans, both short term and long term that life will just happen to you. I think I have figured out that I don't want life to just "happen" to me anymore. I want to make plans and achieve them. I want ME to happen to life. I don't know if that makes any sense...but I guess what I'm feeling is that I just need to live life more fully, live it better, and make each moment count. I finally figured out that the moments in life don't just belong to others, they belong to me too. I am responsible for allowing myself to be happy...and to make myself happy, not depend on others for that. 

Well, enough philosophising for one day! If you tangle, keep tangling, if you don't, well....you should start! It's very relaxing and Zen-like. LOL But whatever you do today, you should do it because in the end it will bring you happiness. 

Huggs,
Janie

1 comment:

  1. Love your philosophy! I've learned to make plans but don't plan the outcome. Sometimes things turn out way different, most often much better than what I could have ever planned. I'm a one day at a time kind of girl but it took me a while to adopt that design for living. The beauty of not planning the outcome is that I can change my plans in an instant and not feel guilt or pressure or any of that negative stuff. I could give a gazillion examples of how that's worked for me ~ maybe that would be a good topic for a future post! So glad you are feeling better!! I had to post on my blog the other day without photos because the darn things wouldn't load. It's really refreshing to see other's writings and I'm glad you didn't have any photos today ... so there ... how about that? love, susan

    ReplyDelete