Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Zentangles and more Zentangles

I haven't been writing because I felt like I was coming down with something. Sure enough! Yesterday I was diagnosed as having these great summer additions that were NOT on my list of things to do: pneumonia and strep throat. This, dear friends, is just plain unadulterated CRAP!!!!!

However, one of the good things is that I have an excuse to just sit on the couch or bed, all propped up so nice with pillows, drinking homemade milkshakes and doing .... what else .....ZENTANGLES!!

I finished the commission and have received permission to share it with you. It is 20" wide by 16" high, in a dark brown frame. These aren't the best photos but it gives you an idea.


This is a little closer so you can see more detail.
I also did a Zentangle for a new business card I am putting together just for my fine art shows. It will probably be a white card with this image or part of this image on it. I just love blue Zentangles!!

I have really fallen in love with blue pen/ink...This has a light blue and a dark blue.
I also have found a site that had free ideas and templates for initials, etc. So I started doing a set of cards yesterday but would love to have your feedback. Please be truthful....if you don't like them, I need to know that, OK??

Black letter with two different red/pinks to highlight.

Black letter with two different purples to highlight.

Pretty rough looking to me. Just black ink. I was trying to copy something and I think I just need to do it on my own by freehand. Whatch ya think? 
It is sunny, over 20 hours of daylight, and quite warm and I have two fans running to keep the temperature in the house about 70. Outside everything is green, green, green!! I love Alaska in the summer time!!!

OK, guess this will do it today. I'll have a question for you tomorrow that I really hope you will answer. It should be a lot of fun!!!!!

Huggs to all. If you are sick, get well. If you aren't sick, STAY well!! LOL
Janie

PS my own computer is in the shop for another week so I'm using my Love's. It won't allow me to preview my blog so please forgive anything and everything!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are getting treatment and hope you will be feeling better soon! btw-I like the purple letter the best. I bought some pens & paper & will start trying my hand at Zentangles as soon as my hand is recovered well enough to hold the pen a bit more firmly. My signature is almost readable now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the purple letter also. I think the blue and purple colors represent you and your work more than the red.

    I really love the hands! Are they traces of your client's hands or children's hands?

    P.S. I am so glad you went to the doctor. Two serious illnesses at once? You know how to do it right, huh!! I can hardly wait for the question!

    ReplyDelete