Friday, June 10, 2011

Creative Week

It has been one rough week for me. Having strep throat and pneumonia together, at the same time, in the same body, is definitely no fun!!!! I have tried to fill my time other than just laying/sitting around. When you are that sick you don't feel like doing anything and I have had a bit of a problem talking. That's interesting all by itself. 

So I have been making greeting cards downstairs in the third bedroom where we have a futon. I have a sheet and quilt on the futon bed and all my supplies spread out around me on both sides of me.

I usually sell cards at Bazaars so this is a good start. This year I have decided to do the following cards, in sets of 8. I need to get more cards and boxes and figure out the pricing. I would love to have your feed back on these.

No. 1: Special Occasion sets - on cream color cards either with a scalloped edge or regular card:
           3 Christmas Cards, 3 Birthday Cards, 2 Valentine's Day Cards in each set.


No. 2: Cream color and some sets on white color cards of Monogram sets of 8 such as 8 A's, 8 B's...you get the idea. So each of the 8 A's with be in different colors: red, aqua, purple, red, pink, orange, green yellow, and blue. 




No. 3: Cream cards with gold edging (very sharp looking) Hallmark cards. These cards are going to be sets of 8 just as No. 2 above, but the letters are all done in a dark brown and are strictly Zentangle. I only bought one set and now I need to get more of them as well, and boxes to show/sell them in with the clear top. 



No. 4: I have some card sets in blue with scalloped edges, as well as a green color. I want to get other colors and just have one or two sets of 6 or 10...haven't decided yet. These will be all different patterns.

Having this time to actually sit down and think, I have been able to define what I want to do for the Bazaars this year. I'm going to try to do three of them. They are usually pretty good income. So my list this year looks like this (but can change, of course):
  • Card sets
  • Small (4"x5") -about that size - Zentangle tabletop pictures
  • Jean purses made from recycled jeans
  • Soft snowmen, Christmas stocking wall hangings (small), antique Christmas Angels
If I sell these out then I will have my metal pieces (Nichos) that didn't sell well last year to fill in and a few other Christmas tree ornaments from last year. I found some really darling round Santa buttons in three sizes while getting my buttons ready to see at my garage sale and decided to use the buttons on the soft snowmen, the stocking wall hangings, and as ornaments for a tree.
I paint these, put a picture inside and add embellishments.


OK, I have rambled enough today and I'm sure you all have better things to do. So have an awesome day!!

BEST MOMENT OF THE DAY:
Waking up and feeling like the antibiotics are finally starting to take effect!! Yeah!! (And sleeping well last night)

ZENTANGLE OF THE DAY:
Since I've  filled the whole blog up with Zentangle things I will leave you with this "wild card" that I have decided not to use in any of my card sets.

Huggs,
Janie

No comments:

Post a Comment