Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Different Things On My Mind

It is different for me to just sit around and not feel or be able to to do a darn thing...to be this sick. But it does give your mind time to ponder life, and all the things in life that we do, think, want, don't need, and friends and relationships.

First, I must thank my Love and Lori for both insisting that I go to First Care when I did. I still am not feeling much better but by tomorrow I should be feeling some sort of "turn around" and then it will be slow but sure from there. Thank Goodness for Antibiotics!!!!! And over-the-counter drugs like cough syrup, throat lozenges, Extra Strength Excedrin, and the hand cleaner that has become so popular.



If it weren't for my art I would have been going insane. I have started a card project for the bazaars in November. I cut out patterns for a sarong (2 actually) for my trip in August, and a couple other patterns for jean purses and soft angel dolls for the Bazaars as well.

Keeping me from insanity.

Cute!!??

All those old jeans are coming into their day in the sun!! Black Jean Purse.

A Christmas Angel...Always wanted to make one and this year I will!!!!

I realized that my "Bazaar work time" is going to be cut shorter by my trip to Europe with my girls and I need to get busy. Also, I have a First Friday showing at Chartreuse for November, and maybe June at the Annex, and the Artisan's Courtyard in August. So I am busy, busy, busy doing art, which is something I have always wanted.  ~And Now It is Here!!~
I want to share a couple of quotes with you today that hold some meaning for me:

"NOTHING PASSES. 
EVERYTHING STAYS WITH YOU. 
EVERYTHING MAKES A MARK"

and

"HAPPINESS IS THE BY-PRODUCT 
OF AN EFFORT TO MAKE SOMEONE ELSE HAPPY"

I believe these two with all my heart. Do you have a special quote or quotes that have meaning to you? I would love to see them. Maybe one blog will be devoted to all the responses I receive.

THE QUESTION!!!!
Yesterday I said that I would blog about a question. I SERIOUSLY want each of you to send me an answer. I will answer  the question first to get you all started thinking

QUESTION:  What is Important About Your Life RIGHT NOW in 10 Words or Less?

My Answer (after much thought)....remembering the "Right Now" part...
ANSWER:  That I am alive to work on my "issues" and to feel love.

ZENTANGLE FOR TODAY:
I hope that I don't overwhelm you with all the tangles that I post. I love sharing them and have heard from so many telling me that they have purchased pens and paper and are tangling too!! I am so glad that I have added something positive to someone else's life. Thank you so much!! So, my tangles for today are already posted above except for this one. I don't know if I like it or not. I plan on shading it with colored pencils so maybe I'll like it more. We'll See......

It's purple ink on white paper...I think I need a class on using my camera!!!!

Anyway, I hope that today a wonderful day for you, no matter where you are.
Huggs,
Janie

3 comments:

  1. "What is Important About Your Life RIGHT NOW in 10 Words or Less?"

    Not having to wallow around in the mud or life) under the house alone..

    ReplyDelete
  2. "What is important about your life RIGHT NOW in 10 Words or less?"

    I am healthy and able-bodied enough to participate in my life.

    I like all of your Zentangles! I think the one you posted here begs for some kind of quote to go in the blank space in the middle. Maybe "Got flowers?"

    You sound so busy, Jane! If you had to get sick, it's better now than when are you getting ready for your trip. ~ sign me Pollyanna

    P.S. One of my favorite quotes is:
    "When elephants fight, it is the ground suffers." Powerful words to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops. "When elephants fight, it is the ground that suffers". - African proverb

    ReplyDelete