Friday, June 17, 2011

A Zentangle Week!

For those of you on Facebook, you have probably already seen the post from me that my son, Aaron in Seattle made of me doing a big 16" x 20" Zentangle while I was down there visiting in February. I am going to post it here so any of my other readers can see it. I love how he puts music to video that he does. It might behoove you to go to his web site to see some of his other work and if you are in the Seattle area he would the THE guy to call for any video work you might need...and still photography as well. He is VERY good at what he does and I would recommend him even if I wasn't his mom. LOL
So the video is very exciting to me and a wonderful gift from Aaron and I shall always be grateful to him for all the time it took to put this together. 

I am still recovering from the dreaded pneumonia but on the tail end of it, thankfully. The cough will linger, as it always does but all in all I am beginning to feel human. Yesterday I finally got to the hair dresser and got whole new look....short hair, highlights in the front and a wonderful new red/purple color. It is just fun and very cool. Today it is really warm outside here in Alaska and bright sunshine. I feel like I could do anything when I'm sitting here in my recliner writing my blog or checking my email, but the reality is that when I get up my body won't agree with my mind so I have to choose. Today will be another laundry day and more card making. Tomorrow I'll start getting serious about stuff for the Bazaar in November....it will be coming soon and since I'll be gone much of August and the first of September on my trip to  Europe with my daughters. It just dawned on me that I should plan something really great with my son too......hummmmmmmm....

Here are a few more views of some speciality cards that I worked on this week. Hope you enjoy them.

Blue pen and ink on blue card. Some highlighting with colored pencil.

Brown pen and ink on blue card.

Purple pen and ink on blue card, with some purple colored pencil highlights.

Pink pen and ink and red pen and ink on blue card.

BEST MOMENT OF TODAY:
Not waking up with the chronic pain I have had for 4 years. 

ZENTANGLE OF THE DAY:
See my cards for today's Zentangle.

I hope that you are aware each and every minute of the "art" that is all around us. It will fill your life with color, design, and joy.  By the way, what you think of this line of cards? Any ideas on what I could price a single card and envelope for?

Huggs to all,
Janie

1 comment:

  1. I love the cards, Jane. It looks like you've put a lot of time into them. Don't sell yourself short! I have no idea what price you should put on them. I haven't bought cards in a lot of years as I make my own as well.

    ReplyDelete