Friday, June 3, 2011

Goobers

Goobers:

1. the peanut.
Also called goober pea

2. a facial pimple. (See also goob.) :  How does anybody get rid of goobers?

3.  a tumor. (Jocular medical slang. Possibly because it grows beneath the surface like the goober—the peanut. See also boogie.) :  The patient with the abdominal guber is going into surgery now.

4. that stuff left on the window from the dog's nose rubbing on it. 

So, my Love and I have discussed from time to time the "goobers" on the large picture window directly above the couch. It might be because the couch is Gracie's (aka "the Princess") lounge, napping place, bed, and look out over the yard, otherwise known as her kingdom. 
The cloudy looking things are actually Gracie's goobers.

More Goobers for your enjoyment! euuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
The word "goober" fascinated me and I decided to look it up in the dictionary. They do not list #4 above but I think that they should. Don't you?

BEST MOMENT OF THE DAY:
A dear friend comes over on Friday afternoons to help me clean. Today, being Friday, was a great day. The kitchen looks beautiful!!

Kirsten brought me these lovely pansies the first day she came to help me clean. They are so pretty!!
ZENTANGLE OF THE DAY:
I finished my commission....but am a bit reluctant to show it to you because I haven't shown it to the people who commissioned it yet! Believe it or not I'm scared to death. I have done some other things and thought I would share with you what I did last night. I actually did it just to relax.


This will be a new cell phone skin.
I hope that you have an absolutely lovely day!
Janie

1 comment:

  1. "Goober" was the name of the cocker spaniel that Ally's family had when I first started dating her brother. When we were in Arizona a couple weeks ago, we picked up a friend in Phx and brought her home with us. She has a mini Schauzer and he left goobers on my car windows. It was fun having him along on the trip - he traveled very well.

    So, will we get to see the work you did for your commission?

    I have not done a single tangle since I quit work a month ago. So many things to do, so little time. I don't know how anyone can ever say they're bored.

    ReplyDelete