Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Are We Having Fun Now?

My daughter, Lizzy, has started coming out to the house every day to start to tackle the huge pile in the garage that used to be in my studio. I sit in a chair and she brings boxes, etc. to me and helps me sort and decide what goes where.

OMG!! What a pile!!!!
The "Purging" question is:

WILL YOU USE THIS IN THE NEXT YEAR???

There have been a lot of "NO" answers....which rather surprises me. I have been into all kinds of crafting and art work so have supplies for things like:
  • scrapbooking
  • card making
  • painting on everything from canvas to metal
  • felting
  • altered art on canvas or paper or whatever
  • sewing
  • quilting
  • crocheting
  • counted cross stitch
  • drawing
  • Christmas crafts
  • photography
  • rose making (from ribbon)
  • soft doll making
  • many different crafts to sell at Holiday bazaars
  • and most recently in the last year....my Zentangle Art
You can imagine the amount of storage I have with supplies to do all these things. Last year I gave a whole tub full of cotton pieces because I figured I would never use them, although I have been wanting to get into soft doll making...but this was for a good cause...went to kids in an Alaska village to make a large quilt. The person in charge was very nice to send me a picture of the quilt my fabric helped create. It was really a nice feeling to know I was helping others.

So, yesterday was Day #1 of the purging and sorting. My back felt better than it has in months. Woke this morning with the worst pain in my back and leg that I have had in at least two months. Needless to say, I'm Pissed!!!! 

I will be sharing with you the progress of this huge undertaking as we go along. After the sorting comes the packaging and marking for the biggest craft garage sale this area has seen in 10 years. I hope it will pay for my vacation this summer!! 

No pictures of the "event" today, but when we are finished I'll be showing the progress here. How am I feeling about this? Absolutely Great!!! 

BEST MOMENT TODAY:
Seeing the beautiful sunshine another day.

ZENTANGLE FOR TODAY:
A few images from the film strip frame from yesterday....






I hope that your day is a wonderful one. Thanks for reading.
Huggs,
Janie

1 comment:

  1. We got home for our 10 days trip and brought a friend from Phoenix with us. I had to take all my "junk" that I moved into my ironing room during my "clean slate" project and move it back into my office temporarily. Ugh. Can hardly wait to be done with it! LOVE your tangles, as always. Hoping I have time to sit down and do some tangles again soon.

    ReplyDelete