Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I Wish I was a Dog

Do you have a pet? Do any of your pets have to get up at a certain time, make any meals, go to a job, pick up after themselves, go anywhere they don't want to go on a daily basis or do anything they don't want to do on a daily basis? Does your pet look in the mirror and moan about how much older they are getting? Does your pet pull out that first gray hair? 

I wish I was a dog. 

Our dog, Gracie, wakes up about 5:30 am.....give or take.....and taps on the gate we have across our bedroom door. When I say "taps:, she takes her cute little right paw and taps, oh, 3-4 times. What she expects is to go outside and "do her duty" and come inside to an already prepared bowl of her favorite dog food. How does she know it's her favorite? BECAUSE IT IS FOOD! Gracie is, how should I put it, a "foodie"! If it is food, she loves it! cheese? no problem. lettuce? bring it on! veggies? More! 





The rest of her day is spent switching back and forth between the doggie bed downstairs (where it is cooler in the summer), her "dad's" soft recliner (no, she hasn't learned to recline yet, but just wait, it'll happen), and the couch which she laid claim to quite some time ago. She prefers one end where she lays not on one pillow, but two pillows. When 11:30 am rolls around she stands and looks you in the eye until you get the message that it is time for another meal. The same thing happens between 5:00 and 5:30 pm. I swear she has a clock in her stomach!!!!



I want to be a dog. 

Does a dog care how old they are? Do they have "issues" that they need to deal with? no, no, and no. 

Again, I want to be a dog

OK, why am I wanting this so badly you ask? Well, I turn 66 this Friday....the outside and inner workings of my body turn 66, but the core of me is in the 32 range. Is this fair? NO I'm also dealing with physical and emotional issues no 66 year old should be dealing with! I should be sitting quietly in my rocking chair, knitting, humming to myself, without a care in the world, not giving a damn if I'm a few pounds overweight, not caring what color my hair is or if I have some wrinkles, but that's not the case at all!!! So, the answer is:

I will become a dog on Friday!!



BEST MOMENT TODAY:
Will be when I get a pain injection near my spine for constant back pain.

ZENTANGLE FOR TODAY:
It will be posted tomorrow because the rest of today I'll be laying around like a 65 year old soon to become a dog person.

Love ya!
Janie

3 comments:

  1. How lucky our dog children are to be loved by us. They have no worries because we take care of everything for them! Sure is the life!

    Your Gracie is a sweetheart. Dogs enrich our lives in so many ways.

    I hope the pain injection helps you, Janie. Enjoy a restful and hopefully pain-free (or at least less pain) day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post! Hahaha how could i NOT love anything about little Gracie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Jane! I'd love to be a dog too ... especially a dog at my house.

    ReplyDelete