Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day at My House!

My day started out a little "rocky". I started thinking about my mother and my mother-in-law who have passed and I felt a deep sadness that I hadn't done enough for them while they were living. Just the way I am sometimes...beating myself up for not being perfect. I'm learning to NOT do that but it's difficult to change, you know? 


The first thing that I received was an awesome email from my daughter-in-law, Amy. She sent photos of my son and her and also a video of them all saying "Happy Mother's Day". My son said that I have a card in the mail. I am looking forward to receiving it!!


The second thing that I received was a beautiful bouquet of flowers delivered (on a Sunday???) from my daughter, Tambo, in Seattle and her very loving husband, Mark. I love him and Amy as though they were my own children. The bouquet had a wonderful message which I really want to share:


"If there was a day for everything you have given to me as a Mother,
 it would be Mother's Day everyday! We love you"




Wow! I cried and cried because this touched my heart in ways they will never know or understand.

Then, to top my day off, my other daughter came, Lisabeth, loaded up with roses, a balloon, and a wrapped gift. The gift turned out to be this wonderful little plaque which also touched me deeply:

"Life takes us to unexpected places....
Love brings us home."





She stayed a while and visited and I went to bed early. My Mother's Day was very, very special and through it all was the loving looks and kisses from my wonderful husband. I am a very lucky person. I must NEVER forget that!!!!

BEST MOMENT OF THE DAY:
The whole day was my best moment.

ZENTANGLE OF THE DAY:
I'm working on a new piece that has Zentangles in it but the whole thing looks like a huge piece of film strip. It will be for my next show. This is just one of the pieces that will go into it and it still needs to be shaded.



I hope your day, even though it is a Monday, will be awesome!!!

Janie

No comments:

Post a Comment