Monday, May 23, 2011

Pocket

This weekend our friend and her three cats and dog came over to stay because of a big fire that appeared that it could burn her apartment building down. Thankfully she was able to return to her home last night as the fire danger is no longer a threat. 

Pocket
 While they were here we got to know "Pocket". She is a very cute little girl and so very sweet. These pictures were really hard to take because she is so active. She was very well behaved and her name just suits her so well!!

Pocket enjoying Gracie's perch on the top of our couch looking out the window.
Our Gracie was not her best self the past two days and I am really wishing there was something I could have done to make her feel better about Pocket being here. The biggest problem was that Pocket is really tiny and Gracie is this big dog compared to her and so Gracie was just jumping on Pocket and we couldn't let them be together. 

Gracie had never been around cats before either and even though they stayed in the bedroom where their "mom" slept, Gracie could smell them and I believe she wasn't sure about what the smell was and that that upset her.

Animals can be complicated sometimes and boy, do I wish Gracie could have talked to me the past couple of days and told me what she was feeling!! She's our Princess, you know?

BEST MOMENT TODAY:
Sleeping Late, because I can.

ZENTANGLE FOR TODAY:
You have seen this  tangle before but I have enhanced the color and have made a cell phone skin for my daughter's iPhone as my way of saying thank you for all the help she is giving me.  I also ordered her a clear cover for the whole phone so she can see the skin and have the phone protected too. It is like my phone that I showed on here previously.


I hope you had a good weekend and that all is well in your area, that there are no fires of any kind. Fairbanks suffered a large fire in town and a huge wildfire close to town and thankfully things are better today. Fire is scary!

Huggs,
Janie

1 comment:

  1. We had company since Wednesday and she had her little dog with her. Our dog didn't mind him but the cat stayed hidden most of the time. I love the tangle. I want to know how you went about perfecting each pattern. Do tell!

    ReplyDelete