Monday, May 16, 2011

Images on a Spring Day in Alaska

Many of my friends take to their vehicles and drive off here and there to take magical pictures. I rarely do that....but instead "re-see" what is around me. In a way it helps me get better in touch with myself and what I'm feeling.

I have been trying to find a new home for my two little girl guinea pigs because I am finding it more and more difficult to care for them properly. I advertised on Craig's List, in the free ads in our local newspaper, on Facebook, and even on Petfinder.com (which got me three VERY strange emails!!) to no avail. I even tried a national chain pet store that was reportedly taking small pets to adopt out. Nope, Nada, Nyet! So, last option was to call the Pound. Now I think we all assume that the Pound will only put pets down....this is not the case. My little Tilly and Molly were in loving arms being petted and cooed over when I left them there on Saturday. I had a sad moment but it was for the best and I am sure some little girl or boy will be holding them in no time soon. 

Here no more. :(
Now, I have to clean their old "space" and move on. 

Images from my home include this wall in my studio. The Celtic Cross is beautiful and I love it. There is art from one of my favorite on-line artists, and little fences with dried flowers. It is on one side of my studio. I have little things sitting around that give me comfort and positive energy.

I especially like the "When Pigs Fly" and "Whoops" from my cubicle days.
I have a new project ready to go and love the look of the paper, a little sketch to get started, and my selected pens waiting for me. 

This will be shown when finished right here on this very blog! LOL
Since I last wrote I had a wonderful Mother's Day and another birthday. I got lots of roses and many other flowers, balloons, a wonderful plaque which I posted before, stuff paid for on my trip in August, and a gift card from a local book store. My daughter, Lizzy, also brought me my favorite apple cider drink from Starbucks, and the promise of a lunch date. My husband got me the most tasty Boston Creme Pie Cake and sad to report, I ate most of it with a little help from Lizzy. It was the BEST!! I got lots of good wishes and so the week sort of drifted off into a cloud of sweets and the awesome smell of stargazer lilies upstairs and downstairs....turning older was definitely worth it.

Never saw white lilies like this before! Smells sooooo good!

BEST MOMENT OF TODAY
Only had to take 2 pain pills today....shot and pain patch are working!!!!
ALSO, I went outside with Gracie this morning - early - sat on a blanket with my straw hat on, Gracie laying on the blanket beside me, listening to the birds and feeling the sun and the wind on my back. It was quiet and wonderful.

ZENTANGLE FOR TODAY
I am going to be showing a few Zentangles in a photography show in a couple of weeks. I think this will be appropriate....only got one frame and can't remember where I got it....want another! 

I will take photos of each one individually and put them up tomorrow.
 I hope that your weekend was awesome and that your house is being shined on by the beautiful sunshine that is shining on our house.
Janie

1 comment: