Thursday, April 7, 2011

A New Life - or - A Second Chance

Yellow roses from the Love of my Life.
On March 28th and 29th something very profound and personal happened to me....and I am now feeling like I have been given a second chance at life...or a new life in many ways. Many things have happened in the time between then and now and I feel as though I am seeing and experiencing everything almost like the first time.


Love, for instance, feels new and very, very precious....love for my Alan, love for my children, and love for my dear friends. Life has been difficult for quite a while due to constant pain. My doctor has prescribed something new and I feel as though it is at least one of the answers in life that I have been seeking.


Since March I find myself the recipient of so much love and kindness. I feel inadequate to receive it but nonetheless VERY thankful. I have not one, but two opportunities to show my art...Frank's Menswear on the first Friday in May (May 6) and the first Friday in July (July 1) at the Artisan's Courtyard. I am feeling like my ability is turning a corner, albeit a small corner, but a change anyway.


I was looking at the Birch trees outside our kitchen window today and I have looked at them many times, but today they seemed particularly lovely. Silence is more enjoyable, colors are more vivid, loving is more fulfilling, and the small things feel so much larger. I am very blessed, lucky, fortunate, whatever the word is....and I shall not ever forget it.


My daughter, Lisabeth, has extended herself to my needs (both that I knew and that I didn't know) over the past couple of weeks in ways that have literally changed my life. How do you thank one of your children adequately for something so profound? I just want her and you to know that she is a really awesome person and I could not be more proud of her. I also have to give her husband, Adam, my extreme thanks for all he has done. But I cannot thank my husband, lover, friend, companion, and sweetheart enough for helping me to be the person I need to be and for making changes in his own life to facilitate this. I must have done something right at sometime in my life to have his love. I shall forever be thankful for him. And my select friends, you know who you are, thank you for being there through thick and thin. Last but not least I need to thank my brother and sister-in-law, and my Seattle children and children-in-law....just WOW!


POSITIVE HIGHLIGHT OF TODAY:
To be asked to be Artist for July First Friday at The Artisan's Courtyard.


ZENTANGLE OF THE DAY:
Another of my Woodland Creatures. Just can't get away from them!
I hope your day is filled with the wonder of all things new.
Janie

1 comment: