Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Trees

I grew up in the mountains of Montana and of course, we were surrounded with evergreens. Here in Alaska we are surrounded by Black Spruce. I get  of not seeing all the other types of trees and when I go "outside" (Lower 48) it is wonderful seeing all the different kinds of trees together.


Our Birch trees against a January Sky.


I read somewhere that trees are mother nature's poetry against the sky. I love that!!


Our Birch trees against an April sky.
We went out yesterday and bought a new mattress and across from where we were loading the mattress into the back of the the truck were a few small trees and they actually had buds on them!!! It feels so early but in actuality it is much later than everyone else.


You can barely see the buds!
I have always loved trees. They are so majestic. The Birch actually "talk" when the wind blows and I love standing outside to listen. Maybe I will have to add "learn to talk 'tree'" to my Bucket List! LOL 

I think that I shall never see
A billboard lovely as a tree.
Perhaps, unless the billboards fall,
I'll never see a tree at all.

~Ogden Nash, "Song of the Open Road," 1933



BEST MOMENT FROM TODAY:


Getting an email from a new friend about Zentangling, thanks Sandra


ZENTANGLE FOR TODAY:



I hope your day is wonderful. Look at the trees!!
Janie



1 comment:

  1. When we were considering a move back to Arizona, one of the things that was a big stopper was trees. While we lived in AZ for almost 8 years, all Gene talked about was getting to the trees. We would really, really miss them. I loved the birch trees in Fairbanks. I know what you're talking about with the trees "talking"!

    Your "joy" tangle is really beautiful. It looks so dimensional, like it a blanket wrapped around something. You may or may not have intended that, but it's what I see. Love the color!

    ReplyDelete