Friday, April 29, 2011

My "Hidden" Mess

For a LONG time now my studio has been uninhabitable....I mean MONTHS!!!! It had everything from barbed wire (for a future project) to bank receipts to pens to fabric to my sewing machine. Do you think I could use *anything* in there? Absolutely not! Then I started the big "MUCK OUT".

I uploaded books to sell on Amazon.com, craft supplies to ETSY.com, Craig's List.com, and Artfire.com. I started sorting and so the mess was gradually taking over the area where the ironing board is and the bedroom where my closet is. It started to be impossible to get to my closet OR my dresser. 

Along came a stint in the hospital....and my dear, dear husband and equally dear daughter decided they needed to take this project in hand so I could actually get into my studio. 

Now let me tell you that this pile of my "STUFF"....except for what they left in my studio so I could work on my art and sew, plus get in to my dresser, is about 4' high by 8' long by the width of a car and is in our garage. I tried taking a photo for your but it came out pretty bad because I have been a bit shaky from some new meds. But let me tell you, my husband now parks his truck outside because his side of the garage is FULL of my "STUFF"!!! 


They made it so I could get in to my closet in the other bedroom, so I could work in my studio, draw or sew, and so I could get in to my dresser. If I were to say I am relieved beyond measure that would be an understatement!!

So now the plan is: Either my daughter or my husband will bring in one box or container at a time, I will go through it, and the sorting will begin. The end result is that I *WILL* be selling a lot of it at a garage sale in June or July. Craft supplies are expensive to come by up here and I know I will probably sell everything if I make it a decent price. One container alone holds about 500 sheets of various colored scrapbooking paper and card  stock. 

This is how it looks now....a wonderful place to be my creative self!!


The window with some of my favorite "comfort things" and a large canvas Zentangle I did.

I now have a place to work and it feels so awesome!!

My sewing table actually has room on it for a light and whatever!!!

I cannot relate to you the relief I felt when I returned home from the hospital and they had taken care of this monumental weight for me!! Now I have work space and LOVE being in it again. 


BEST MOMENT OF TODAY:

I went to the hairdresser!! Yay!!

ZENTANGLE FOR TODAY:
I'm working on several right now and don't have a photo to share today (tomorrow, I promise) but am sharing a closeup of some beautiful yellow roses my sweet and loving husband brought me a while back. Enjoy them!!




I hope that your tomorrow is wonderful!!
Janie

PS. If you were serious about me designing a cell phone skin please contact me at janie.brackney@gmail.com. I would be delighted to.

1 comment:

  1. Nice space! Sounds like you did the "clean slate" thing too! I am so excited to go through my boxes and I suspect a good one-half will go on my yard sale. I have no doubt I will accumulate more stuff but it's nice to have a clean room for a while. I have two windows in my office/craft room. Love the light.

    ReplyDelete