Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Blogging and Dogs

As i look around blogger.com i see all kinds of blogs from business blogs to family blogs (which are by far the majority). The family blogs have these cute little pictures of the family or the children. Then i came back to mine....it is neither cute nor business-like. i really need to take a class on blogging!! my son-in-law has a very interesting blog but it is really geared for an adult audience. i like his blog because he embellishes the truth with what her refers to as "a good story". i love that!! my daughter once had a photo blog and i started doing that too but then she sort of stopped doing it and i guess i did the same thing. i love photos but i'm not a photoaholic...i take a few photos here and a few photos there.

Right now we are puppy-sitting. Her name is Pippin and she is a little fluff-ball of a Australian Shepherd. Her mommy's goal for her is to be a show dog...not just a house dog like our Gracie. Gracie is an Australian Shepherd and is a little over a year old. The interesting thing is that both Gracie and Pippin have almost the same coloring...black, white, and brown, although Pippin has very little brown. Right now Gracie is laying on my feet and Pippin is in the kitchen napping. Our first night with Pippin went very well. We'll see how the day goes. it's been a long time since i had a puppy to run after!! it's not even 9:00 am and i'm exhausted!! LOL





Anyway, i really want write an interesting blog so i'm going to be doing some research...and would love to know how others come up with their topics. care to share?

i hope you each have a fun filled day!
janie

4 comments:

  1. Truly, it gets easier. I started out blogging about some things that had been rolling around in my head for a long time, then I did some research on blog topics, and now I pretty much pick whatever it is that has bubbled up in my head for the day. One of things I've read about blogging is to write like you are talking to a friend.

    Just keep writing, Jane, that would be my best encouragement. It gets easier as you do. I've written every single day since the middle of September and even though all my posts may not be interesting to everyone, they are leaving something in writing that I can go back to when I need to remember something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, Susan. That helps so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't blog every day, or every week and sometimes not every month. My life is dull and uninteresting through the winter compared to the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Frag: I suspect your life is not quite as dull or uninteresting as you might think. I have blogged about the dumbest stuff but then it got me to thinking about other stuff. Just the topic of "oh my life is so boring in the winter" can be kind of fun topic to write about!

    sign me ... Pollyanna

    ReplyDelete