Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Moon

When i was growing up i would open the curtains in my bedroom at night and wherever the moon "shine" fell across my bed, i would lay there. i heard it or got it out of the "ether" that if you laid in the moonlight you would be beautiful. Now, as a child that made all kinds of sense. As an adult? Well, when i am in the moonlight i just *feel* beautiful....yah, i know...sounds pretty silly, doesn't it? all my life i have loved the moon. i know it's just this big whiteish thing hanging there in the sky...well, most nights...and it changes shape every now and then but i am still fascinated by it's glow. This winter we have had a lot of beautiful moonlight...making the night appear almost like daylight. Yes, i live in a place where there is almost no daylight in the winter, but the moonlight is different, is it not?

Moonlight is magical! one can imagine all sorts of wonderful things happening in the moonlight! if i let my imagination run away with itself (happens a lot with me, LOL) i can see my svelt self, about age 24, clothed in some filmy gown, long, with layers of chiffon fluttering at my every movement, bare feet, long, honey auburn hair, scampering (yes, i said scampering) across some field in the moonlight...beautiful beyond all comprehension. OOOOOOOOOOOOOO, aren't imaginations wonderful???

Have you ever heard the quote: "WHAT THE MIND CAN CONCEIVE AND BELIEVE, IT CAN ACHIEVE"? When i was in my late 20s i took a course in positive thinking. This was one of those little one-liners that i learned in this class. Think about it. What you can think and really believe in, you can do! i believe that is true....and i may not really believe that i will ever be that moonlit goddess but i do believe that i can accomplish anything i set my mind to. Positive self-talk can work wonders and i found myself recently doing a lot of that in a very difficult situation. i accomplished more than i thought possible. So...in my quest to better myself this new year, i will be reminding myself that whatever i can really believe in, i can achieve~!

Starting tomorrow i'll be adding photos to my blog. i love photography and received a really great camera for Christmas. i hope to bring to you, my dear readers, glimpses of my progress in my quest to lose weight and be more healthy, as well as small images of my life here in the far north ~ Fairbanks, Alaska~.

Thank you to all who have responded to my first blog. You are awesome!! And i wish for all in my purview a most joyous, prosperous, and insightful new year!! may love find you and keep you and may your surprises be happy and memorable!!

i hope you have a glorious January 1, 2011!!!'

janie

3 comments:

  1. I don't know if you remember this or not, but when I worked for you in at the mental health center, you made me put together my on computer desk and hook my own computer. I always remember you and that lesson when I face something I fear I cannot do. It's really neat when an experience makes that much of an impression.

    Happy New Year, my beautiful friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always felt that the moon was magic. I love a moonlit night and the way long shadows are cast by its brightness.

    I look forward to your photographs, Janie. I love to see what other's see.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our bedroom window faces West, and our horizontal curtain is always open at the top, and whenever the moon is out it shines through our window at night and casts its magic glow through our window and down upon us while we sleep (sometimes we are NOT asleep...). We ARE blessed by that moonshine....

    ReplyDelete