Sunday, January 16, 2011

THE BOOK STORE

I love books, books of all kinds, sizes, colors, and subjects.

COOKBOOKS: I love cookbooks...I used to have a special table with shelves that I had built especially for my cookbooks...now it holds the printers and other assorted things because when I divorced my first husband I had to downsize my collection. Now, as you can see, it's still pretty good. But it could be much better. The cookbook collection in the book store is awesome. i want one of each!



NOVELS/FICTION: I love mystery novels...I have this whole bookshelf full of unread books! The fiction in the book store calls to me when I walk in the door, but I don't allow myself to even go over and look because I know I'll buy one.



AUDIO BOOKS: as I said, I love mystery novels....so I get audio books to listen to while I'm in the car. the book store has a really wonderful selection and every time I go there I have to look and touch. I also belong to an online book club (paperbackswap.com) where you can send in a book to someone who requests it and in return you get points to use to "buy" someone else's book! I used to belong to another book club online and I would send in a box of used audio books and they would give me credit to use to buy new audio books from their site. I loved it!

CALENDARS: The book store always has a great selection of calendars and Day Minder-type books to use to keep oneself on schedule. I am ALWAYS drawn to them.

PAPER GOODS: Not just ANY paper goods....beautiful journals with leather or embossed covers. I am a journal keeper so I usually buy something very nice to keep my thoughts and drawings in (it's an art journal). And then there are the artist supplies....drawing tablets and journals and water color tablets and journals. They also have brightly colored mole skin covered booklets..to use to keep lists (remember, I'm a list maker), keep you budget, or put info when you are planning a world class vacation! today when I went to the book store I came home with three of these little babies plus a water color journal for an on-line class I'm going to be taking!

OTHER BOOKS: I recently found out that my book store offers a service where if i need a book, I can put the title into their site and they will see if my own book store carries it. if they do then they will pull the book and hold it for me to pick up for two days!! I needed a book titled "Journal Spilling" and they had it all ready for me at the check out desk!

SNACKS and GOODIES: I don't know about your book store but mine has a little snack counter with different kinds of yummy snacks in a case next to the register...along with an assortment of cold drinks. of course, they serve coffee too and they are always busy!!

I hope that you have many trips to YOUR favorite store....be it the shoe store, grocery store, or book store!!

janie

No comments:

Post a Comment