Friday, January 28, 2011

Just Keeping One Foot In Front Of The Other

Blue on White - New Card

New card - Black on White


Do you ever have days where that's a really big request?? Today i finally got my friend's birthday gifts wrapped, the guinea pig cages cleaned out and some laundry done. Of course, in between all that I managed to "tangle" a card or two! LOL 

 


I love my guinea pigs, really, (these aren't them...but they sure are cute, aren't they?) but cleaning them out is SUCH a chore!! I remember when my daughter had 11 of them and it didn't seem like a chore then? What's up with that??


And laundry...well, laundry  is laundry and it seems like my Love goes through a lot of laundry. I never have but then maybe I don't work hard like Him and get all...well...sweaty.  And while I was working I had work clothes and "at home" clothes and so does He, so I don't complain about it. 



It just seems like housework is never-ending. At least while I was working I had a couple days off work each week  but no such luck now! I work everyday, all day, off and on...resting in between jobs. But just when one job is done another raises it's ugly head! 

new card...black on white
 
So, today is Saturday and I just bet that there will be more laundry, more dishes, more food to be cooked, and more crap to go through in my Studio. My question is....will it ever end? Or better yet...will I get a bonus this year?????



Green on Green Card

Green on Green Card




4 comments:

  1. My sister had guinea pigs when we were little. I had hamsters. Today all I can handle is a cat. LOL

    I am so blessed to have a friend like you Janie. You are a golden weave in an otherwise tough world. You inspire me with your genuine goodness. Its rough just putting one foot in front of the other sometimes but dammit.. you, YOU are a strong woman. If anyone can do it YOU can.
    I have no idea what I did in a past life to deserve someone like you in my life today... but whatever it was I am glad I did it.
    Love you and am truly blessed to be able to call you friend.

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today, I am going to go find a Zentangle book, some pens, and get started. Every time I see your artwork I think "I should try that."

    On a side note, I did an experiment with my laundry. My husband buys a couple shirts every time we go to a thrift store and has accumulated a wagon load of shirts. In July, I set aside a laundry basket in the basement and did not wash his shirts (but didn't tell him) to see how long it would take for him to notice. Last week he says, "I'm running out of shirts". SIX MONTHS! I got them all washed in 3 loads.

    Jane, I wrote a post about a "To Stop Doing" list. I have stopped doing the things that I really don't enjoy. Leaves a lot more time for the things I do enjoy. Sounds like you have it all under control! I love that about you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your green on green work looks amazing. I am really concerned about your 'art ability' with a digital tablet, now. I mean your free-hand work is some great stuff, and I hope you are getting SOME remuneration for it from somewhere...!!!
    Also, reading past comments from admirers, being an inspiration to them sounds like 'work' you didn't know you were providing as a by-product of your existence. Not bad for a human being, and I'M RELATED, TOO!!!
    Love ya, Sis...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are all so wonderful and I am humbled by your comments. Thank you isn't good enough but sadly that's what I'm limited to.

    Frag, I am not being a successful artist yet...but hope to someday (if I live long enough). LOL I really enjoy what I am being blessed with the ability to do and for now, that's payment enough. I have just started a website for only Zentangle stuff. It's called tangletangled.com

    ReplyDelete