Saturday, March 26, 2011

Giving and Receiving of Flowers

When I arrived back in Fairbanks from a recent trip to Seattle, my wonderful husband had a dozen red roses sitting on the table in a vase with a big red bow on them! I love flowers and I LOVE getting flowers. 


Roses sent to me by my Love while I was in Seattle
Some men also like getting flowers....and my man's favorite flowers are daffodils, which just happen to be in bloom right now and in my neighborhood Safeway store. So, I bought Him a bouquet in a vase a couple days ago. I left them wrapped in the tissue and plastic and put it on the kitchen table with a love note. He was so surprised!! They don't last long but He said that He still loves them. 


Daffodils I gave to my Love the other day.
It's not always about the flowers, it can be about feelings, about loving someone, about an apology, or just about letting someone know that you thought about them and they are important enough to you to send them flowers. Most often, just one single flower can be good but several are just more beautiful, are they not?


Perhaps my love of real flowers is what drives me to Tangle flowers so much!


A card I just did yesterday.
Have a great day! And give flowers to someone you love, even if it is yourself!!!
Janie

2 comments:

  1. Love your post today! When I lived in Fairbanks and Anchorage, I always bought daffodils and tulips for my desk this time of year. When you live in a dark place, there is nothing more cheery than spring flowers.

    I noticed you have a love for flowers in your tangles! I wish I could draw flowers better but my favorite thing so far has been hearts & suns.

    Flowers ~ what a sweet gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, I love hearts and suns and if we all did the same thing it would be so boring!! I love that you are tangling too. Please post more of your work...I bet you are getting much better!

    ReplyDelete