Friday, March 11, 2011

I THINK I'M READY

Famous last words, I'm sure!! By the looks of the pile and mess I had downstairs yesterday and this morning, I was sure I wouldn't be ready to set up for the Art Expo this afternoon. My daughter, Lisabeth, said she would meet me and help me set up.....


I managed to get everything packed up and in my car by 3:00 pm today and literally dragged myself to Pioneer Park (Although it will always be Alaskaland to me....long story for another Rant). Thanks to my wonderful new Windows phone I connected with my daughter at the appointed time and place. We got my stuff in and since I have never done a show with only my Zentangle Art, it was challenging to get it set up, to say the least!!!

I opted for two large tables and took my own smaller table because I was told that I should work on some of my art during the show because people like to see that and ask questions. So....this is what we ended up with when we left two hours later.....


I put a rose bowl with tiny pink roses and baby's breath in the center front on each table.



The little colored cards by each "art piece" has it's name (Title) and price.


This is the table I will work on and wrap any purchases.....assuming there ARE purchases!! LOL


Wish me luck. "I'm an artist..............., I'm an artist......., I'm an artist....." Do you think if I tell myself that often enough I'll believe it? I feel like a fraud....

Have a really fine day,
Janie

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on this venture, and whatever the outcome, don't let this 'exposure' define you as an artist. I KNOW you are an artist, and sometimes the area and it's 'people' dynamics are at play.

    Let us know how your efforts are rewarded....
    Love ya,
    Don & Geri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tables are so "you"! Pretty and neat and I love the single rose. Hope you get time to talk with other artists and gleam some of their experiences.

    Jane = friend, mother, wife, neighbor, artist, photographer, worker, world traveler, etc.

    ReplyDelete