Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Adventure

On my last morning in Seattle my daughter, Tammy, met me downtown where I turned in my rental car and then we decided to go get some breakfast. We went to a great little restaurant called Biscuits (I think!).

Biscuits and gravy and an Americano

Anyway, we found a little parking garage across the street that said PARKING ALL DAY SATURDAY $5. So we pulled in and there were only a handful of cars there and we found a place quickly and right by the elevator. We walked out the front door of the building where the parking garage was underground, had a nice breakfast of biscuits and then walked back to the building where our car was. 

Tammy and I having our biscuits

Tammy and the PIG outside of the biscuits restaurant
The door to the building was locked!! When my daughter started looking around for a way around the building I noticed a woman inside and so I banged on the door to let us in. She did so and we went to the elevator and took it down to our car. 

As you can see it is a VERY cute little Volkswagen convertible. Fun to ride in too!! Anyway, we got in the car and drove out the way we went in. Much to our surprise there was no one in the ticket booth to take our $5 and no way to get through the metal arm that swung across the exit booth! So, we have never had a problem getting in trouble together....and we tend to laugh through all difficulties.....this was no different, believe me!! While my daughter listened to a recording on the EMERGENCY CONTACT PHONE I started trying to take the metal arm apart! LOL I needed tools!! It was then that I saw my daughter had put the top down on her car and so I got in the car and she pushed up on the metal arm so I could drive her car under the arm. 


My daughter can bench press at least 150 pounds so when she pushed up on the arm it sort of.....well....gave away. LOL We started looking around for cameras in the ceiling because we expected someone to see what was happening and come rushing down to the garage! BUT NO!!!! So, we put the top back up on the car and drove up the ramp and came around the last corner and LO AND BEHOLD there was an iron mesh curtain down covering the entrance/exit!!!!! I pushed and pulled on the chains hanging down and any button I could find to no avail!! We looked through the mesh and the sign that said we could park all day for $5 was still there and up on the wall was a phone number, which I quickly called and told the person on the other end in no uncertain terms how unhappy we were to be stuck in the garage. The security guy came and pointed to the writing INSIDE the garage that read "Parking 4 pm to 7pm on Saturday". THAT WASN'T WHAT THE OUTSIDE SIGN SAID!!!! GRRRRR Anyway, he opened the mesh screen and we quickly left...laughing all the way!!!!

I get into some crazy things with my oldest daughter, and always have, and we have always laughed our way through them. I love her dearly and she is more my friend than my daughter. I am truly blessed!!!

NEW AND DIFFERENT ZENTANGLE

I'm trying something new....recycled paper with dark brown ink and white pencil highlights...this is my first one.


What do you think?

I am wishing you a day full of adventure and laughter.
Janie

2 comments:

  1. Funny, funny stuff, Jane!! I just love that you are carrying your camera and recording your daily musings. It makes me anxious for you to go on your big trip as I believe we'll all get to see your travels through your eyes!

    Loving the zentangles a lot! I need to get a little artist pad to carry with me. I've been carrying a ziploc bag with pens and cardstock. A little tacky but I figure I have the "starving artist" look down, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! That was so funny and quite the little adventure. I'm so glad the picture of us at breakfast turned out!

    ReplyDelete