Sunday, March 27, 2011

IMAGES OF ALASKA

I have been out and about with my camera this week and have some images of the area where we live. The days have been filled with long hours of much needed sunlight and blue skies. Today it is overcast and gray, however, and snow is forecast for tonight. It won't amount to much but I hate the idea!!




This is taken from just down the road from us. We drive by this empty house lot everyday both going and coming. When I took this you could get see the mountains to the south of us and they are quite a long way away.  

"Mable, are those really igloos?"
These are at the entrance to the road that comes off the highway when you come to our house. They have been there for as long as I have lived here and longer....at least 25 years. I don't know if they have been inhabited in all that time but they are the only igloos I have ever seen up here. They are made out of concrete and I think there are three of them. There is usually an American flag flying out front.



I saw this empty cabin as I was driving our dog, Gracie, over to doggy daycare. I was impressed that the "builder" put in such a cool looking window in the front.

I see beauty everywhere I look up here. The Birch trees, the snow, the old buildings that have left in all manner of decay, new homes, old homesteads, mountains in the distance, the beautiful sky, the clouds, and even the patterns in the pavement from the melting snow. I think it takes the fragility of life to make a person really SEE what is around them and not take it for granted. I am fortunate and am thankful each and every day for my "artist" eye and the ability to see things that other's don't.

I hope your day is filled with joy!!
Janie

Zentangle for today:


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Janie! Wow. What's a Zentangle, btw? Seems I should know this, but I'm sleepy. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like doodle art. My newest passion. Glad you like it. Love you!

    ReplyDelete