Friday, February 25, 2011

A RANT ABOUT ....

I have a peeve about movie theater restrooms for women. First of all, why does the commode flush just AFTER YOU SIT DOWN????? Is it a Bidet in disguise or something????? 

And IF you actually have a place to sit down why are the toilet tissue dispensers so low that you cannot get your whole bottom (well, for some of us more endowed than others) on the toilet seat? What's wrong with the rest of the wall??? And trying to get your hand down low enough to get the paper takes a contortionist! You have to squeeze your hand and arm down between your thigh and the darned toilet tissue dispenser and hope that your arm is long enough to reach up into the bottom of the dispenser because have you noticed that always, ALWAYS the paper has been torn off inside the dispenser and there is nothing to pull on when you need some?

And what about the hand towel dispensers....wave your hand in front of them like you are waving goodbye to a dear friend leaving on a train and maybe, MAYBE you will get a tiny towel. Well, the tiny towel won't even try your thumb and first finger, so you wave and wave again like a loony and finally get the second and sometimes third piece of hand towel. 

Sometimes - NO, ALL THE TIME I wonder who sets the "standard" for where things go in a stall in a women's rest room anyway! I just bet it's a man, who has a skinny butt and who NEVER EVER sits down!!!

If you have the same peeve as I do I would love to hear from you!!

I am adding a new Zentangle I did today. It is on a parchment colored paper with dark brown pen but in this photo it looks purple. I think I like this look!!

I wish you a day with as little aggravation as possible!!
Janie

Parchment colored paper with Dark Brown pen....looks purple to me!

Parchment colored paper that looks white with Dark Brown pen that looks black...hummm!





2 comments:

  1. That's why I give kuddos to places with good bathrooms... it really improves the standing of the establishment IMO. Take Bobbie's, the man put a lot of thought into it and they have the most beautiful bathrooms around.

    ...and I hate those TP dispensers! Why, why do they cover them? If someone is hard up enough to steal TP, let them have it! Regular, open rollers like you have at home (ones that work, not the weird ones that snag every revolution) should be common sense! Why would you want to tick off your customers when you don't have to?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all about the hearts ~ love this zentangle!

    Yeah, I'm with you on this rant. They can send a man to the moon but can't seem to get the facilities quite right. Makes me cock my head to one side in wonder.

    ReplyDelete