Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A COUPLE OF THINGS

LUNCH WITH MY SON

My son, Aaron, invited me to lunch and a tour where he works at Microsoft. I was delighted to go! I mean, how often do I get invited out to lunch by my son! So, he works in the Xbox Division which is on a new campus built a few years ago. He told me that this campus has the largest parking structure in the world!

Waterfall and patio outside the Commons at Microsoft

Now, I'm sure that you have had a few choice words for Bill Gates and his little company while working in Microsoft Office, but I have to give him credit for understanding employees and how to keep them happy!! Where my son works they have a volleyball court, outdoor waterfalls, free beverages, and a food court like I have never seen any place before! 

Man on stilts in Commons at Microsoft
 
When we walked into the Commons (food court, etc), the first thing that struck me was that there was lots of light, big windows, soft chairs and couches everywhere, and since it was a holiday there were things for kids to do. There was face painting, ring toss, and people dressed in costumes walking around on stilts! The Commons also has "stores" for the athlete, 4 phone companies, a post office, a bank, and large screen TVs everywhere. Other options were a hair salon, massage therapy, a Microsoft store, and a Visitors Center showcasing all of Microsoft's "hardware" that is available...phones, computers, touch table tops, etc.

The food options were mind-boggling! I won't remember then all but here goes.... Mexican, deli, Organic, Seafood, Burgers, Soups, Oriental Noodles, and these were just to name a few. The prices for lunch were very reasonable and the food was yummy. We opted for the Seafood.

Seafood Cafe at Microsoft
 
Fish Sandwich for Aaron and Shrimp for me! YUM!!!

I remember back many years ago when my son-in-law worked for Microsoft on an older campus. They had pinball and video games in the hallways. My son said that sometimes they have a Farmer's Market set up in the courtyard outside of the Commons, or they have other entertainment such as live bands playing, etc. 

Well, Bill Gates, my hat is off to you....but could you please explain why I can't find the ............?????

WHAT'S LEFT OF MY BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS

The roses are almost all finished but there are 9 Stargazer Lilies left! This is still a beautiful arrangement!! Thank You again and again!!


Beautiful Flowers - Day 9

NEW ZENTANGLE 

Yesterday I got a large piece of paper and put it on my son's dining room table where He does a lot of photography and turned on the light above the table and it was the most perfect work space I have ever used! The lighting was perfect and there was plenty of room for the 12x24 piece of paper. I think it turned out good. Hope you like it too.
 

I hope your day is filled with Love, Good Food, Sunshine, and Flowers!
Janie

1 comment:

  1. Your flowers are amazing after all this time!

    Thanks for the "inside" on Microsoft!!! You've taken me places I'll never get to go ... and for that I am grateful!

    ReplyDelete