Sunday, February 13, 2011

Hands and Cars

Today I have been thinking about my hands...only because they have been hurting so much! I have arthritis in them and until I came down to the rainy Seattle haven't really experienced that much discomfort in them. Yesterday Seattle had a huge rain storm and this morning and all day my hands (and other parts) have been hurting like a son-of-a-gun!! I could hardly pick up my earrings to put them on for Church this morning, and when someone new was introduced to me, I automatically put out my hand to shake hands and every time it was like....oh, no....that wasn't a good idea. And taking the top off of a water bottle or bottle of soda is impossible. A while back I drew this Zentangle of hands...you might be able to see some pencil lines in it because it isn't quite finished or "cleaned up", but it is very symbolic to me that this picture features hands with henna-like designs when in fact it is my painful hands covered with Zentangle.

A Zentangle of my own hands.

So I decided that I needed to find a different car to rent that was cheaper. I LOVED my little red rental car and it drove just great...but another place in town said that they could rent me a little car for $6 LESS per day and I couldn't pass that up. So the reservation for getting the other car was yesterday afternoon. Well, they didn't have any cars when I went to get mine! So, O.K., I could come back today. Went back today and had to wait almost an hour to get a car. They said they were giving me a luxury car instead because that was all they had...same price. Sounded nice, and when they brought the car out it is a well....large, luxury car that rides like no car I have ever been in! It normally rents for $45/day and the guy tried to tell me that was what I was paying but I showed them my reservation confirmation, they said no problem, and so I am driving this beautiful Silver Chevy Malibu! 

My new ride!

Have you ever seen a car key like this????

It turns on the lights automatically in the tunnel, has automatic EVERYTHING, has VERY comfortable seats, heater for each side of the front seat...and a thermostat that you can adjust for your comfort zone, and is...in a word.... WOW!


Have yourself a very comfortable and stylish day!
Janie

4 comments:

  1. WOW nice upgrade!!!!!!!

    I think you'd be "almost" having the same issues if you were here. LOTS of moisture in the air. It kicked me into a big ole fibromyalgia spiral last week that I am just now feeling like I am climbing out of. As always I miss you and am thinking of you and hope you are coming to a place of peace!
    Love ya girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing ok, and really love hearing from you!! This week will be more restful. But I'll have to get out and use the new RIDE, don't you know!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a good shopper, Jane! There's hardly anything I love more than a good deal.

    P.S. How long will you be in Seattle?

    ReplyDelete
  4. SuddenlySusan: probably at least a couple more weeks...possibly longer...not sure yet.

    ReplyDelete