Monday, February 14, 2011

Old Friends Become New Again

This week something very special happened....I met up with one of my best friends from high school whom I haven't seen in about 25 years (give or take). It was so awesome to see my friend, Sara, and her husband, Ed. They came and picked me up and as we talked over a wonderful dinner with Sara's son, Rob, the years seemed to melt away and I found myself reflecting back to all the times we spent together. Sara was the one who did everything well, and was the smartest one in the class. Me, on the other hand, well....I was at the bottom of the class...and couldn't believe my luck at having a great friend like Sara. 

I didn't live with my parents during high school as the little town I grew up in didn't have a high school so some friends of my parents took me in as a boarder for my high school years. It was tough living with them because they never had any children and all of a sudden had a teenager. So when I would be invited out to Sara's house to spend the weekend I was really spoiled. Her mom would make me chocolate cake and let me sleep in....and I felt such love from her! I will always be thankful for that time and their generosity of heart.


Me and my friend, Sara.
I hope you have a special day with friends, old and new.
Janie

4 comments:

  1. Happy Valentines Day, sister of mine!!!
    So glad you got to see an old friend from WAY WAY back! It is fun, isn't it???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frag: Happy Valentine's Day to you and your high school sweetheart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The next time you visit Seattle, I will make a day trip over to have lunch with you!! I'd love to hang with you, Jane, for an afternoon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SuddenlySusan: That would be so cool!!!!

    ReplyDelete