Friday, February 18, 2011

More Fun in Seattle and Other Thoughts

While I'm not really in Seattle for a vacation, in the "fun" sense of the word, there are so many things to see and do here. In some ways it's distracting....which can be good and bad, I guess. I'm really here to do some thinking and resting and "regrouping". The winter, my depression, and some other factors got so bad that I just had to make a change for a while. My Seattle children are ecstatic that I'm here and have given me more love and kindness than any mother has a right to enjoy. They are just plain awesome!! 

When I say my Seattle children, that also includes my daughter-in-law and son-in-law. I have made some new friendships that I hope endure after I return to Alaska. I'll be returning home a week from tomorrow and I have to say that an extended stay "Outside" in February is highly recommended!!!! I don't think think I really understood how slick roads and the cold negatively affected how I physically felt...and emotionally too. 

-enough said on that subject-

As I have shared places where I have been out to eat, so that theme continues. I was out and about by myself on Wednesday downtown and when lunchtime came around I found a place called Johnny Rockets. It was really cute in a 50s kind of way and the food was excellent!

Is there anything more American than a coke and a jukebox??

Three yummy mini-chili dogs!

Then yesterday morning my kids took me out for breakfast at their favorite place called Luna. I should have taken a picture of my breakfast because it was sooooo yummy! I had french toast and it was perfect, along with orange juice and two sausage links. I wish I was there right now! But Luna has a "flavor" all it's own and these images are from Luna.




My Tambo and "son" Mark

I hope your day includes something good to eat, sunshine, and happiness beyond measure!
Janie


2 comments:

  1. MMMMmmm Johnny Rockets!!!!!! LOVE their food! The atmosphere is fun also! Let me know when you are serttled back in and we can do dinner! I look forward to seeing you, your smile and sharing some laughter! Ive missed YOU!

    love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue Eyed Alaska Girl: i love you too!! So great to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete