Sunday, February 20, 2011

New Restaurant Experience


I love good food and Seattle is like a candy store to someone who loves good food. There are still an over-abundance of fast food places, but really....why would any sane human being want to eat at a fast food place with everything that is available to them??? So, the only fast food place I have gotten anything from was Dairy Queen and that, well, I think that could DEFINITELY be excused!! LOL 

Yesterday my daughter, Tambo, and I went to her (and my new) friend's home, which, by the way was sooooo cute! Small, but every room was a different vibrant color and she has it decorated soooo awesomely!! Did I just make up a new word? LOL The colors seem to bring the house to life and when you walk in it has this warmth and charm that makes you just want to stay and never go home, She has some antiques and some pho-antiques (which look like the real deal) and those along with the colors really make this a cozy, comfortable, home! Of course, when we walked in the smell of baking chocolate chip cookies hit us and then we REALLY didn't want to ever leave! By the way, the cookies were to die for!!!

My new friend, Sandra.
The reason we went to her house was so I could teach Sandra and Tambo a Zentangle class. Never taught one before but thought "what the hay"....so we sat in her living room on her over-stuffed sofa with two darling cats keeping us company. Tambo and Sandra are naturals at this new art form and did a wonderful job and I really enjoyed my afternoon teaching my new passion! 

Afterwards we decided to go out for some Italian food to one of Sandra's favorite places. It is called Pasta Bella and it is small but the food is Divine!! 

Caesar Salad.
Spinach salad, I think??
Halibut "Something" Special.

Cannoli "Something"
Chicken, raisins, apples, onions, etc. YUM!

I ordered a chicken dish with apples and raisins among other things, Tambo ordered the special which was a Halibut "something", and Sandra ordered Cannoli which looked like they night have been made with spinach. Everything from the salads to the main course was so wonderful and not with the usual heavy Italian sauce, either. Needless to say, we each walked out with a take home box! 


It was a wonderful afternoon and evening and I want to thank my new friend, Sandra, for sharing her wonderful home with me and for being such a delight!!

Tambo and I at Pasta Bella.

I hope your day is filled with good food and great companions!
Janie

1 comment:

  1. just checked the scale. Ive gained 10 lbs just from looking at all your food pictures!

    ReplyDelete