Saturday, February 19, 2011

A ROCK STAR

MY ROSES AND LILIES - DAY 5
Last night I was a Rock Star! As I have blogged before, I always wished I had been a Rock Star. Well, last night I was one! We went to my daughter's house and had pizza and then the rocking commenced!! Rock Band is a game that is projected onto a screen, television, or, as in our case, onto the Living Room wall. The participants play instruments that have been developed for the game. The instruments are a guitar, bass guitar, drum set, keyboard, and then there are three microphones for vocals. My daughter has over 300 songs in her Rock Band account so there was lots to chose from.

Everyone knows that I love Bon Jovi music and my wonderful daughter had several songs from Bon Jovi in her account and I got to sing them all and some a couple of times. It really feels like you are in a Rock Band! All around me was my daughter on drums, my son on keyboards, and my son-in-law on base guitar or as a back-up singer for me. IT WAS AWESOME!!!!

We did other songs that I knew as well....Janis Joplin, Chicago, just to name a couple. My son sang some while I played the bass guitar which is a lot of fun too, and my daughter-in-law sang some Lady Ga Ga while I rested. My daughter and son=in-law sang a couple together and were so awesome....reacting to each other as if they were really on stage in a concert! I was playing drums at the time and was laughing so hard I got off beat. 

We played until midnight and came home and crashed. I woke at nine this morning with the sorest neck muscles from playing the drums!! I haven't had anyone to speak to yet so don't know if my voice is shot or not. LOL

I am adding more pictures of  my flowers - now on Day 5 and going strong for your enjoyment. Their smell is incredible!! 

I hope your day is filled with sunlight, warmth, and love,

Janie



3 comments:

  1. In my YOUNGER (HA) days I did the real rock band groupie thing! I'll have to regal you with stories some time.... after I stalk you for your rock star fame! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue Eyed Alaska Girl: I look forward to your sordid stories. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our grandson received Guitar Hero(?) for Christmas last year and we formed a "family band" in his bedroom. I had so much fun being the young, sexy backup singer!! I love having grandchildren because I feel like I'm allowed to be silly with wreckless abandon.

    Rock on, Janie!!!

    ReplyDelete