Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Out and About and Reflections

So I took a road trip day before yesterday to Issaquah, WA. I have this great GPS and it took me directly to where I wanted to go. 

Yesterday I went to Factoria Mall while waiting for my son to finish up his work for the day. It turned out to be a really beautiful day. I am a people-watcher type of person and it was a great place for that. I thought the little bear statues were really cute!


When I got tired I went to the book store...and I simply LOVE  book stores! The thing that was different about this book store was that they were playing music throughout the store. It was distracting...and I was no in a particularly happy frame of mind so the sad songs really seemed to hit me. It was odd.... I don't think that a book store should ever play music...it is difficult for me to concentrate on the book titles/descriptions when you are hearing some familiar song!! I was tired and sat down in a little alcove in a comfortable chair, pulled out a magazine I had purchased, and looked up at the books.


OH, NO! Political books!!! I hate politics and it only conjured up unpleasant thoughts so I quickly got my things together and went downstairs to wait for Aaron.

We went to the Gold Class Cinema for dinner and a movie. This is a wonderful theater....recliner seats, blankets, pillows, and dinner while you watch the movie. We had shrimp cocktail, and then Aaron had three small hamburgers and french fries while I had pizza and onion rings. It was really yummy! During the movie I decided I wanted a coke, so pushed the waiter button and in came the waiter, took my order, and returned with my coke. We saw the under water thriller "Sanctum" in 3D. A wonderful evening which ended with a side trip to the Dairy Queen. 




Today I meet up with a new friend for lunch and conversation. Should be interesting....

Hope your day is interesting too!!
Janie

PS: no new Zentangles from me but here is another one from someone else on the Internet.


1 comment:

  1. You had me at ROAD TRIP!

    I caught the blue sky in your first photo posted here! How awesome for Seattle. Wow, Jane! I just love that you are taking pics on your trip and writing about it. I'm with you on the music in book stores. I would have had to get out of there too!

    ReplyDelete